How to use:
- Cleanse your face: Start by washing your face with a gentle cleanser to remove any dirt, makeup, or oils. Pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
- Apply a facial oil or serum: Facial cupping works best when used in conjunction with a lubricating agent like a facial oil or serum. Apply a few drops of your chosen product to your face and gently massage it into your skin. This will help create a smooth surface for the cups to glide over.
- Choose the right cup: Facial cups come in different sizes and materials. Select a cup that fits the area you want to target and that feels comfortable on your skin. If you are using them for the first time start with the smaller cups then move up to the bigger one when your skin is elasticized enough.
- Squeeze the cup: Before placing the cup on your face, gently squeeze it to create suction. This will create a vacuum effect when you place it on your skin.
- Start with light pressure: Begin cupping by applying light pressure to your skin. Hold the cup between your thumb and forefinger and place it on the desired area. Gently glide the cup across your skin in upward or circular motions. Avoid keeping the cup stationary to prevent bruising.
- Maintain control and be gentle: It’s important to maintain control over the cup at all times. Do not exert excessive force or tug on your skin. The cups should glide smoothly across your face without causing discomfort.
- Follow a pattern: Cup your face in sections, working from the center outward. You can target areas such as the forehead, cheeks, jawline, and neck. Repeat each motion 3-5 times or as desired, always moving in an upward direction.
- Adjust suction strength: Depending on your comfort level, you can adjust the suction strength by squeezing the cup more or less. Start with lighter suction and gradually increase it if desired. Remember, facial cupping should not be painful or leave severe marks on your skin.
- Take breaks and rest: If you experience any discomfort or if your skin becomes too sensitive, take a break and give your skin a rest. You can resume cupping after a few days or when your skin feels comfortable again.
- Hydrate and moisturize: After cupping, rinse your face with cool water to remove any excess oil. Follow up with a hydrating moisturizer to replenish your skin.
*Remember, it’s always a good idea to consult with a skincare professional or aesthetician before incorporating facial cupping into your routine, especially if you have any underlying skin conditions or sensitivities. They can provide personalized guidance and recommend the best approach for your specific needs.